Posted on Friday June 05, 2020
Sealed bids will be received by the county between June 10 and June 26 for the sale of certain vehicles and equipment. The bids will be reviewed by the Board of Supervisors during their June 29 regular session.
Notice to Bidders:
Sealed bids will be received by Decatur County between June 10 and June 26, 2020, for the sale of the following listed vehicles and equipment:
1. 2000 Chevy 2500 crew cab 4x2 (blown motor, approx. 192k miles)
2. 2001 Chevy Duramax 3500 4x4 (no box, does run, approx. 212k miles)
3. 1995 Chevy 2500 4x2 (approx. 215k miles)
4. Box from 2016 Ford, long box with gooseneck hole and rear bumper
5. Bush Hog zero turn lawn mower (runs)
6. 1978 Finn-Bantam mulch spreader (has not been used in several years)
7. 3-point seeder
8. 3-point boom
9. Dynapac pad foot roller (engine runs, drive motor does not)
10. 2002 Ford F150 Supercab (runs, approx. 177k miles)
A bid proposal form for the vehicles/equipment may be secured at the office of the Decatur County Engineer, located at 1306 S. Main St., Leon, Iowa, and is also attached below.
The vehicles and equipment may be inspected at the Decatur County Yard during regular business hours Monday - Thursday, 7:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
Sealed bids shall be plainly marked "EQUIPMENT BID" and either mailed to the Decatur County Auditor (207 N. Main St., Leon, Iowa 50144) or dropped off in the drop box located inside the north door of the Courthouse. Decatur County reserves the right to reject or accept any or all bids. Sealed bids will be reviewed during the Board of Supervisors regular session on June 29, 2020. Payment must be made with cash, money order, or cashier's check payable to Decatur County Secondary Roads. Personal checks will be accepted but equipment will be held until check has cleared.
Any questions can be directed to Decatur County Secondary Roads Department at 641/446-7131.